The Parkway Theatre was built in 1915 at the corner of North Charles Street and North Avenue. The theatre was in business, but struggled, from the 50s to the 70s. And it was finally closed in the mid 1970s. Recently, the Maryland Film Festival Council has purchased the theater from the Baltimore City. The Parkway Theatre is now ready for a renovation to not only support the Maryland Film Festival events, but also develop a greater interests and attraction to the Station North Arts District here at Baltimore.