I wanted the pages of the book to be the ocean. Unpredictable and exciting. The center page was a challenge, but where the pages met the binding really left me scratching my head. Finally, I decided I would use the areas of the images that where created after the ice cube plummeted to the bottom of the glass. Eureka!
The book served as my armature. I used the green screen of the water plashes to create transparencies for each image. Then I converted them to black and white and colorized them as a whole. That was the tedious part. The fun part was looking for the right pieces, centers and edges, and creating something new!